[Gllug] Whitelist-only spam filtering

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Sep 12 16:23:39 UTC 2002

On Thu 12 Sep, Mark Lowes bloviated thus:

> (let's face it there's stuff which appears in spam these days that
> adults really don't want to see.)

Yes I must say I greeted the arrival of "rape porn" spams with some
hope.  Disgusting as it is, this may well end up being the final straw
that gets the powers-what-be to ban spam.

> We also stated the three conditions under which the checks would be
> removed

I think you're a bit harsh.  Waiting until she's 18 before she can
have unfiltered email?  You may be the coolest dad in the world but
there are definitely things she doesn't want you seeing well before
the age of 18.  Are you sure she doesn't just have a hotmail account?
If not, she will soon enough.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis,
and only enough blood to run one at a time.

- Robin Williams