Control of MX record - (Was - Re: [Gllug] Web hosting, email and dns)

Stan stan at plato.wadham.ox.ac.uk
Sat Sep 7 12:25:37 UTC 2002

Colin Murphy (SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk) apparently wrote:

> You run a domain name server in conjunction with the mail server?  I know
> that I can alter the name server entries of my domain, but don't quite
> know what this really entails, another level of complexity I would need to
> read up on.

No I'm only running qmail on my home machine (which is running on NTL
cable modem) I just use freeparking to point the MX record for the
appropriate domain record at my IP address

I also have names in both dyndns.org and a no-ip.org which point MX
records to my machine...this is completely free BUT doesn't offer you
a complete choice of name

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk