[Gllug] ftp installs

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Fri Sep 27 12:02:15 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 14:00, Dan Kolb wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 12:38:06PM +0100, Daniel Andersson wrote:
> > > Anyone know what distros allow ftp net install? My usual SUSE 8.0 doesn't?
> >
> > IF there's a program out there that can mount ftp's to a local directory
> > (can't be too hard to do?), then you can install slackware via ftp, sort of
> > at least ;o)
>
> I remember hearing something about a filesystem called ftpfs, which mounts an
> FTP server as part of the local filesystem. I don't know if it's still around,
> though.

and there's a filesystem for CVS. Yikes!
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cvsfs/

this caught my eye actually, as future developments for the EDG node
configuration server involve keeping node profiles in CVS.

Also, did anyone see the Linux Journal article from the Debian bloke who
keeps his entire home directory in CVS?
Not as nutty as it sounds - it means you can easily transfer from
desktop PC to laptop etc.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk