Wireless router suggestion: (former :Re: [Gllug] easily configured wireless cards)

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Wed Sep 4 17:06:08 UTC 2002

Liad Bokovsky(lbokovsk at akamai.com)@Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 12:04:44PM -0400:

> mmm...
>
> Most 802.11b protocol based cards/AP can work at a rate of 11Mbps
> although some new products support upto 22Mbps. The 802.11a protocol
> supports upto 72Mbps transfer and is still considered affordable (~300
> USD or so... didn't see one in the UK).
>
> I never worked with 802.11a so I can't really help you there. Maybe
> someone in the list worked with it and can offer his two dimes.

802.11a equipment would be nice.  AFAIK you'd be breaking the law if you
used it in this country.  Last i heard, it hadnt been approved for use
in the UK, and possibly Eurlande aswell.

whats a dime?

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk