Wireless router suggestion: (former :Re: [Gllug] easily configured wireless cards)

Liad Bokovsky lbokovsk at akamai.com
Wed Sep 4 16:04:44 UTC 2002

mmm...

Most 802.11b protocol based cards/AP can work at a rate of 11Mbps
although some new products support upto 22Mbps. The 802.11a protocol
supports upto 72Mbps transfer and is still considered affordable (~300
USD or so... didn't see one in the UK).

I never worked with 802.11a so I can't really help you there. Maybe
someone in the list worked with it and can offer his two dimes.

Liad

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 11:23:48PM +0800 , Stephen Liu [R] mentioned that:

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk