[Gllug] links web browser

Walid Shaari ws at melinux.com
Fri Sep 13 13:36:56 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 12:37, Steve Nicholson wrote:
> Hi Walid, thanks, this is the problem, running make again gets me there, links now seg-faults going to a URL.   Reading through that article it now makes sense for some of the random problems I've been having with X, skipstone, yahoo messenger crashing etc.  Re-runing the compile it stops at random files with error, doing make again it continues on as the article mentions.
>
> I have an AMD k6-2 533 running at 550 and before this a 400 running at 450 and had the odd problem.  I'll slow it down a bit and see if it this helps.  At least I have a good way to test for sure now by compiling links, before I couldn't be sure, as long as it booted and things worked I thought it was ok.
>
> Thanks again for your reply you have solved another of my problems.

no problems, I guess you have more things to do now, now that I am back
the document I wanted to remember in my first reply was "Linux hardware
stability guide" by IBM developerworks
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-hw1/?dwzone=linux,
I guess its time to read it, and run the tests to make sure about your
hardware.

Cheers

Walid

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk