[Gllug] More MySQL and scripts

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Wed Sep 25 00:14:59 UTC 2002

> Now that I have horde up and running I have another question.
>
> I managed to move the data fine :-)  I used mysqldump as they were
> running different versions.
>
> I have now been asked by my users to do something else.
>
> Runs along the lines of "Yahoo calendar emails me when I am supposed to
> be somewhere, can this one?"
>
> I had a think about it and was wondering about the best route for doing
> this.

If I was you I'd use PHP to do the queries and generate the e-mails.  PHP is
quite simple to learn and can be run as a shell as a cron task.

I use it each night on a database to check on user usage (each event is
logged in a MYSQL database) and e-mail them and the admin person if they are
over 90% of their monthly allowance.

I could send you some examples if you want?

Andy
SNIP

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk