[Gllug] Next months meeting

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Thu Sep 26 11:03:29 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 11:43, Allen Baranov wrote:
> On Thu 26 Sep 02 11:08, Mark Lowes wrote:
> > On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 09:36, Daniel Andersson wrote:
> > > personally i'd LOVE to hear about how to start up an ISP
> > Don't... :)
> The advice I got from a friend of mine who was technical manager at an ISP is
> "take a thick wad of money (10 000 000 bucks or so) and throw it in the fire.
> Apparently this will achieve the same effect.

Pretty much, though this applies doubly so to the mass-market rather
than business end.  As a rule (and has been proved in the last few
years) there are enough people out there who want the service, want the
quality but want it for nothing (also known as "moon-onna-stick"
customers :)

Also you need to get a collection of geeks together, marinate in coffee
and deprive of sleep (more than normal) for a period of years.

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>
http://www.korenwolf.net/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk