[Gllug] Moving house ADSL

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Sep 18 10:01:56 UTC 2002

Okay, I'll be moving house soon, and I'll be getting a nice shiny new
ADSL line in when I do so.

I'm thinking in terms of Zen Internet, since they seem reasonably good,
and very well featured - I get *real* IP addresses, not a naff setup.
Sorry, NAT setup.

I currently have the original BTopenworld Home500 setup, complete with
my Alcatel Slug/Frog/Showerhead, which I've got working nicely-thankew
under Linux.

When I cancel the BTopenworld, technically, I think, BT would like to
take away my showerhead/frog/slug, but I recall the day when they used
to completely ignore any NTUs they'd left on a customer's site when
private circuits were cancelled.

Does anyone know whether they'll bother coming to take it away, or
whether I can expect to keep it?

Dave.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk