OT:authoritarian or libertarian was Re: [Gllug] Whitelist-only spam filtering

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Thu Sep 12 17:13:54 UTC 2002

David Damerell wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 Sep 2002, Sean Burlington wrote:
>
>>libertarian: a beliver in free will, a person who believes in the
>>maximum amount of free thought, behavior etc
>

> That is _not_ what the word is used to mean these days.

OK so you disagree with me (and the dictioanary)

given that it is hard to gather a reprentative sample of people and ask
them how they use the word libertarian - what do you actually have
against me using it in this way ??

Or are you one of those people who tries to redfine the language so that
the words that contain concepts threatening to the status quo no longer
have meaning ?!!

Actually I don't think you are one of those people ... so what gives ?

>>an interesting site on this topic is
>>http://www.politicalcompass.org/
>

> Oh, they have the survey that claims you're a libertarian almost no
> matter what answers you put in, doesn't it?

are you sure ??

actually I meant to post a link to the analysis but they use framset
forwarding ...

http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/analysis2.htm

--

Sean