[Gllug] spamassassin

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at start.no
Mon Sep 30 20:09:59 UTC 2002

On Sep 30 2002, Nix was overheard saying:
> On 30 Sep 2002, Rich Walker muttered drunkenly:
                                       ^^^^^^^^^

I know you said at one stage that these are randomly chosen, but this
one should probably have a strong bias towards replies to mail which
were sent late Friday/Saturday night ;)

[snip]
> That is, directing high-scoring spam into one box, lower-scoring spam
> into another, and reporting spamtrap mail as spam no matter what SA
> says (this being the only circumstance in which automatic reporting is
> at *all* desirable).

I like it. I'll be incorporating something similar. I've had something
like this for ages (in a different incarnation, of course, before I used
spamassassin):

:0 fw
| spamassassin -P

# If SpamAssassin triggers, make sure we plonk followups too
:0
{
        :0 fW
	| formail -x"Message-Id:" >> $spam_ids

	:0 :
	$spam
}

# Plonk followup to spam. Invaluable on mailing lists where follow-up to
# spam is actually more annying than the spam itself.
# (ref: debian-user)
:0
* ? formail -c -x"References:" -x"In-Reply-To:" | fgrep -is -f $spam_ids
{
        :0 hfW
	| formail -x"Message-Id:" >> $spam_ids

	:0 hfW
	| formail -A"X-Note: Follow-up to spam."

	:0 :
	$spam
}

Plonking the rest of the thread only works if people use decent mailers
that includes References/In-Reply-To field though. However, it could
trivially be extended to be based on subject, although that may be a bit
risky.

Stig
--
brautaset.org