[Gllug] spamassassin

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 30 19:18:14 UTC 2002

On 30 Sep 2002, Rich Walker muttered drunkenly:

> # Process mail with spamassassin
>:0fw
>| spamassassin -P
>
>:0
>:0
> /home/rw/Maildir/

For comparison, I use

,----
| # SpamAssassin, assassinate!
| :0 fw
| | spamc -d spamfilter.srvr.nix
|
| # Razor pit, this is certain spam, regardless of what SpamAssassin said
| # (we ran SpamAssassin over it just to see what it said)
| :0 H
| * ^To: .*nix-razor-pit$
| {
|  :0 Hc
|  | spamassassin -r
|
|  :0 H:
|  | formail -b -t -d -A 'X-Razor: pitted' >> ${HOME}/.Mail/spambox
| }
|
| :0 H:
| * ? (( ${MATCH} > 9 ))
| spambox
|
| # Is this merely normal spam?
| :0 H:
| blockbox
`----

That is, directing high-scoring spam into one box, lower-scoring spam
into another, and reporting spamtrap mail as spam no matter what SA says
(this being the only circumstance in which automatic reporting is at
*all* desirable).

--
`Let's have a round of applause for those daring young men
 and their flying spellcheckers.' --- Meg Worley

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk