[Gllug] linux calendar/schedule/todo list software?

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Tue Sep 3 13:14:36 UTC 2002

Hi guys
I've been playing with gnomecal, it's ok but I have 2 issues with it, I can't figure out how to put in my own categories and everything is done with the mouse.  I'm much happier doing things from the keyboard, especially using Ion now I've got the keybindings how I like them and Mutts next on my list to sort/figure out.

What other Linux calendar/schedule/todo list software is there about?  I want something I can use for scheduling appointments/meetings etc, reminders of birthdays, and to-do lists with priorities/categories/due date reminders.  AND keyboard access rather than just point/click.  What are others using?

Ultimately I would like to run it on my server on the Net so others can add/view items in the calendar.  Problem I see with the web based ones is I don't get popups reminding me to do things when the time arrives and it's not available offline.  I guess it would need to be a server based system with a desktop client and maybe a web interface. Having a local copy that syncs with the server will be needed for times I only have dial-up access.  hm... sounds like it's getting complicated now this is what I'll need in the long term, I just need something on my desktop for now.

thanks for any ideas/pointers.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk