[Gllug] OT: conspiracy re. US Gov. and 911

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Sep 4 11:35:42 UTC 2002

On Wednesday, 4 Sep 2002, Jason Clifford wrote:
>For all that we screwed them all royally during the years of colonial rule
>we're still fairly well respected - possibly because colonialism is rather
>akin to a caste system in practice.

Also - not to suggest that this justifies imposing colonialism on
people - a lot of the ex-colonies have got much worse than being
screwed by the British. An explicitly racist regime that sends all
your goodies to Queen Victoria isn't very nice, but one where <ethnic
group 1> does their best to kill everyone in <ethnic group 2> isn't
really an improvement...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk