[Gllug] OT: conspiracy re. US Gov. and 911

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Wed Sep 4 11:10:55 UTC 2002

Jason Clifford(jason at ukpost.com)@Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 10:20:57AM +0100:
> On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Xander D Harkness wrote:
>
> > When I was working in Pakistan the Americans (read CIA) used to pay for
> > lawyers to improve the chance of Drug Dealers not being convicted
> > following an arrest.
>
> The US has a poor history in respect of drug trafficking. That does not
> however justify claims that the US was behind the Sept 11 attacks.

true.  but given the history of what the US has done, it makes you stop
and wonder exactly what they are capable of.  they don't appear to have
high moral boundaries.

> > Throughout Pakistan I met many Americans who had difficulty
> > understanding the difficulties they had while there,
>
> It is a caricature that all US Americans are so blind to what the world is
> really like outside their borders (and oft times within them to!) but the
> unfortunate reality is that lots of them are.
>
> Alas the same is true for much of society here.

i was watching newsnight (last night i think) and they had a report
about how American's had been effected by September the 11th.  a lot of
them are now questioning why so much of the world hates the US.  it was
quite shocking to witness some 'baseball jocks' questioning what effect
the US was having on the rest of the world.  looks like the US is
finally beginning to see that there is a world outside America, and not
everything is as rosey as back home.

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 C:\DOS C:\DOS\RUN RUN\DOS\RUN