[Gllug] CVS

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Sat Sep 21 11:11:19 UTC 2002

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 11:55:58 +0100 Sean Burlington wrote:
> I use it for php, text, java C++
>
> mostly php but it doesn't make much difference
>
> CVS just keeps track of the changes to a directory structure of text >files

Ok, thanks Sean.
I think it will be something for me to investigate and have a play with. I do remember someone mentioning they use it for their /etc directory for keeping track of changes in config files which I also think is a very good idea.

We are using Zope at the moment and one of the things I have been thinking about lately (other than the slowness of the web interface) is being able to see what changes have been made.  There is an undo, but you can't check on the difference.  I'm learning more as I get into it.

Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk