[Gllug] DVD writers

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Thu Sep 12 12:43:08 UTC 2002

Hello peeps

I've almost finished transcribing my vinyl LP's on to CD, and figure the next
thing is to get VHS videos on to DVD. To that end, a few questions are in the
air for comments...

- What is the difference between DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW? I've googled through
several reviews etc. but they haven't really told me which is 'best' for my
purpose (replay on a standard DVD player.)

- I'm assuming the process is *basically* the same as writing a CD (from a
user perspective.) But are there any pitfalls I should look out for?

Cheers for comments
Dylan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk