[Gllug] DVD writers

Tim Gray timgray at numasters.com
Thu Sep 12 13:23:43 UTC 2002

In a nut shell DVD+RW is technically a better format (on disk data
structures are more organised and cope better with delivering constant
data rates required for DVD play back) and are more compatible with
existing DVD players. DVD-RW is cheaper.

I haven't tried running my DVD+RW on Linux. But all DVDs use UDF as a
file system so the only sticking point should be if $burning_software
supports your drive.

Regards

Tim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk