[Gllug] Knoppix questions

Andrew Black (li) andrew-li at black1.org.uk
Fri Sep 27 10:04:39 UTC 2002

Hi
I bought the Knoppix CD at the last GLLUG meeting, and it has proved to be
rather useful.
I have a Laptop that has decided it doesnt want to boot windoze any more,
and being able to run Linux on it without wiping the disk is very useful.
(For those that don't know it's a bootable Linux CD that runs from the CD).

A few questions
 - what is the root password
 - where does it store its configuration if you change anything. Can you opt
to store /etc (or part of /etc) on a hard disk partition
 - does it include any hard disk diagnostic tool (I have another machine
that I am having trouble installing linux on and I suspect the disk is
duff).

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk