[Gllug] spamassassin

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Sun Sep 29 14:09:51 UTC 2002

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Stig Brautaset wrote:

> The spam I get nowadays have mutated so much since I wrote my procmail
> spam filter, that my filter is often fooled. So I finally gave in and
> installed spamassassin. I've spent some time reading the manpage etc,
> but was wondering if anybody had any tips for do's and dont's for
> spamasassin.
>
> I'm currently calling spamassassin from my .procmailrc, but I know it
> can be integrated with MTAs as well. Would that be beneficial? (I'm
> currently running exim).

What kind of load do you have on your MTA?

If you get lots of traffic (ie thousands of messages/hour|day) then
integrating it with your MTA may be worthwhile. Otherwise I'm not sure the
benefit is worth it unless you view it as a learning exercise.

Jason Clifford
--
UKPOST.COM	 	           get your @ukpost.com address now...
http://www.ukpost.com/	 	   professional hosting and colocation