[Gllug] Whitelist-only spam filtering

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Thu Sep 12 15:15:39 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 14:05, Sean Burlington wrote:
> I have heard rumours of AOL changing kids email systems to reject
> anything not from an approved address (how they verify that the email
> comes from who it claims to I don't know)

At the moment we apply a very complex filtering system on the kids email
which removes all chance of spam, junk or sales pitches getting through.

Me.

And to the people who cry "but it's against their human rights" I
respond "tough, my computer, my rules, email is a privilege not a right
and I take my responsibilities as a parent seriously."

   Mark :)

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>
http://www.korenwolf.net/