[Gllug] Wavefinder? DAB under Linux?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Sep 3 11:16:30 UTC 2002

I note that Psion's Wavefinder digital radio receiver is coming down
in price.  I've recently become quite keen on this digital radio
malarky.  The Beeb's 6 Music station is really really good.

http://213.38.235.185/frHome.asp?page=home.asp

Sooo...  I imagine this piece of kit is pretty simple, a receiver and
demodulator with the decoding all done in software.  It plugs into the
USB bus.

The software, by the look of it, is Java
based. (http://213.38.235.185/updates/) with, I imagine, some extra
component that does the hardware interface.

So does anyone know if anyone's working on a driver?  Anyone have one
(even running under that other OS)?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Trickle-down theory--the less than elegant metaphor that if
one feeds the horse enough oats, some will pass through to
the road for the sparrows.

- J. K. Galbraith