[Gllug] getting into the linux work scene

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Tue Sep 3 10:33:11 UTC 2002

>> On Tue, 03 Sep 2002 09:51:36 +0100, Tethys <tet at accucard.com> said:

   tet> Even a one character change can go wrong if you accidentally
   tet> insert a control character somewhere, and that backup could save
   tet> your ass.

Also been there.  Unknowingly managed to change the first line of my
.zshrc from '#!/bin/zsh' to '/bin/zsh'.  Cue maxed out process and fd
tables, and a dead ld and sshd the next time I tried to login.

Oops.

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net";  Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a
  "> Banks use perl?  Let me take my $money out.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk