[Gllug] Whitelist-only spam filtering

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Thu Sep 12 13:05:33 UTC 2002

Wulf Forrester-Barker wrote:
> Sean <sean at uncertainty.org.uk> suggested:
>

>>that sounds kind of extreme to me !...
>

> My sum knowledge of the email whitelist concept is this thread and a
> quick bit of Googling, which took me to:
>
> http://impressive.net/people/gerald/2000/12/spam-filtering.html
>
> If anything, I'd say the whitelist concept seems LESS extreme than
> using a blacklist. Perhaps someone could even implement a three tier
> system:

well I guess it depends on how you implement it..

the implementation above doesn't reject anything - it just priortises
the whitelist stuff.

I have heard rumours of AOL changing kids email systems to reject
anything not from an approved address (how they verify that the email
comes from who it claims to I don't know)

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk