[Gllug] Whitelist-only spam filtering

John Southern john at sinoda.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 13:52:40 UTC 2002

On Thursday 12 September 2002 14:18, Sean wrote:

> the strange thing is that some people do seem to get inordinate amounts
> of spam - but lots of people don't
>
> my worst account for spam is about 4 years old (its a bigfoot account
> and the address has been splattered around a bit)
>
> and I get a *total* of maybe 3 spams a day

201 so far today that are spams. Probably catching 90% with filters. Some
just do get through. I am sure I filter wrong. Should I filter all into trash
then filter good ones out to where I want them and occasionally go through
the trash or should I just try to kill the trash in one hit?

Apart from using SpamAssassin what actual rules do people filter on?

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk