[Gllug] Meeting scheduler software

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Fri Sep 6 20:58:07 UTC 2002

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 10:02:22AM +0200, John Hearns wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 08:34, Jim Bailey wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > It is a strange shopping list but here is the griff,  I have been asked
> > by the management to find a meeting/room scheduler.  The current system
> > sucks.  I have trawled fresh meat and sourforge and of course google but
> > haven't found anything that matches their requirements.  Which I have
> > listed below.  If people think I am been a bit cheeky feel free to flame
> > off or on list or better yet just ignore me.
> >
> Jim, you are asking a lot.
> I tentatively suggest a custom-written application.

I realised that when I originally wrote to the list but I figured many
heads are better than one.  In the end they have decided to use

http://mrbs.sourceforge.net

Since half the company here are developers they intend to add the
functionality they need.  As a point of interest the powers that be here
have agreed to submit their modifications to the project for integration
in future releases, like good members of the Free Software community
should.  A refreshments option does seem like a seem like a
sensible thing to me.  I may not be able to code for toffee but
sometimes I am quite good at getting people to do the right thing.  Now
for my next trick Fair Trade tea and coffee. ;)

http://www.fairtrade.org.uk

Many thanks to people who responded.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk