[Gllug] Cannot get my kernel to compile.

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 1 14:07:15 UTC 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Huw Lynes uttered the following:
> On Saturday 24 August 2002 12:11, adr wrote:
>> make[6]: Leaving directory `/home/Adrian/linux/drivers/char/drm'
>> make -C drm-4.0 fastdep
>> make: Entering an unknown directory
>> make: *** drm-4.0: No such file or directory.  Stop.
>> make: Leaving an unknown directory
>
> Anyway drm.o has failed to build (or the makefile is looking for it in
> the wrong place) so the build bombs out with the no such file or
> directory message. Unfortunately I cannot tell you why drm failed to
> build.

What? Looks to me like it's trying to do dependency analysis in a
directory that doesn't exist. It *does* exist in the pristine tarballs,
so Adrian's source tree is buggered; the solution is to re-download it.

--
`Mips are real and bitrate earnest, shifting spam is not our goal;
 silicon to sand returnest, was not spoken of the soul.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk