[Gllug] Slapper worm

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Wed Sep 18 11:02:21 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 11:54, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> Quick show of hands: how many people on the list have had an
> infection?

Some emergency patching of servers which had slipped under the wire when
we last were checking this hole, but everything appears to be secure.

> Further: are people getting lots of probes?

F*ck all so far if the logs are to be believed, I've also not been
seeing any significant udp/2002 traffic which is apparently the control
mechanism.

> I'm not running an SSL server so haven't seen anything.  Still lots of
> Nimbda probes though.

and all it's friends, still plenty of sircam and klez out there as well.

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>
http://www.korenwolf.net/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk