[Gllug] Moving house ADSL

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Sep 18 11:04:06 UTC 2002

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 11:32:52AM +0100, itsbruce at uklinux.net wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 11:01:56AM +0100, Dave Cridland wrote:
> > Does anyone know whether they'll bother coming to take it away, or
> > whether I can expect to keep it?
>
> I've given up trying to predict what BT will do.  When we asked them to
> put in an ISDN 30 line, they put a stop on our ADSL instead and then
> insisted we had requested that.

That is why I back *everything* I request/order from BT up with a letter.
The fact that they don't know what to do with the letter does not really
matter. This was useful a few years ago when I cancelled a line, they
then tried to keep billing me for it. It got resolved a couple of years
later (after threats of court, etc) since I was able to produce a copy
of the letter.

BTW: much the same advice goes for dealing with banks - who are equally
adept at getting things wrong, but express surprise when you insist on
following up conversations with a letter.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk