[Gllug] Re: Help. Can't send e-mail or access FTP.

Garry Heaton garry at heaton6.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Sep 29 16:03:54 UTC 2002

Problem solved. KDE's KPP, in its infinite wisdom, switched the dial-up
account tab to a second account which I only used once while working on
a client project. As both accounts begin with "F" I didn't notice until
an hour ago. 'Trouble is my normal account is a 24/7 monthly bill
whereas the little-used alternative is an 0845 pay-per-minute.
Consequently I've clocked-up about £8-worth of charges since the problem
appeared on Friday night!

KDE seems to have some terrible bugs, even at 3.0. Only this morning I
received an alert for a KOrganizer appointment dated 3rd September!
Thankfully, I don't rely on these alerts.

Garry Heaton

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk