[Gllug] OT: conspiracy re. US Gov. and 911

.michael new2unix at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG
Tue Sep 3 20:49:33 UTC 2002

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 08:53:02PM +0100, Xander D Harkness spake thus:
> http://www.radiotimes.beeb.com/ListingsServlet?event=4&jspGridLocation=%2Fjsp%2Ftv_listings_grid.jsp&jspListLocation=%2Fjsp%2Ftv_listings_single.jsp&jspError=%2Fjsp%2Ferror.jsp&searchDate=03%2F09%2F2002&searchTime=20%3A30&channels=132
>
> I just thought I would mention that at 11pm on channel 4 there is a
> program reporting on the theory that that the US government was behind
> the 11th of September events.
That reminds me... A while back I remember reading an article [1] by
"Kee Dewdney, a computer scientist who used to write the computer
column for Scientific American...". He said amongst other things:

"It has been standard air force policy for many years to intercept any
aircraft within minutes of it being reported off course. New York and
Washington are among the most heavily guarded places in the United
States. For the first time in the history of this policy being
implemented, no interceptors were sent up, in spite of the fact that not
one but four aircraft were involved.
It would have taken approximately five minutes for any fighter from
Andrews Air force Base to intercept the aircraft that struck the
Pentagon, for example. Aircraft were on standby on the morning of
September 11, according to the official air force website, although the
contents of the site were changed two days after the attacks to say that
no aircraft were available that morning (a strange circumstance,
considering the sensitivity of the area and the number of fighters
stationed there)
The air force had not five minutes, but up to an hour to carry out
interceptions"

[1]http://www.sumeria.net/politics/bushknew/ghostriders.html

regards,

.michael