[Gllug] nologs stuff after cfp

mish radiant at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 8 12:46:30 UTC 2003

SteveC wrote:

>While not entirely on-topic, I think lots of people should be interested
>in this:
>
>There was some discussion at computers freedom and privacy 2003 (not
>that I was there :-)) about data retention.

This is very interesting.  Does anyone know what the penalties are for
encrypting the entire hdd and not providing the key?

I ask because a peace protester around the corner got his house raided
after sitting in the way of the bombers at fairford.  Unfortunately
every computer in the house was taken with all the consequences that
that entails.  Of course the police will only look at the data relevant
to the case. ahem.

yours

mish

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk