[Gllug] [Fwd: Re: Access Runner modem]

Thomas Charles Robinson robinstc at ocean.com.au
Mon Apr 28 17:41:57 UTC 2003

I have this modem working on Red Hat 8.0, kernel 2.4.18. When it works,
it works great :o). It took lots of sweat, trouble and toil but it does
work. Under Red Hat 8.0 you have to use a kernel compiled with the older
gcc version (2.x something) as there is a proprietary module with the
Access Runner card that cannot be recompiled with gcc 3.2 (see
<rant></rant> a few months ago in this list)!

BTW I have an RPM and a few scratchy notes on how to get this working.
For those interested give me sometime to get it sorted. Sorry but I'm
due elsewhere right now!

t.

--
Thomas Robinson - IT Director Constant Stream

   Integration, Support, Development and Training
   Linux, Oracle, Windows

   (Daedalus Compass Pty Ltd)            Cell: +44 (0)7879 428 968
   24 Kelvin Court, Kelvin Drive         Work: +44 (0)20 8891 6262
   Twickenham, Middlesex, TW1 2AH        Fax:  +44 (0)20 8891 6363
   United Kingdom                        Home: +44 (0)20 8892 6631

   CONFIDENTIALITY: Copyright (C). This message with any appended or
   attached material is intended for addressees only and may not be
   copied or forwarded to or used by other parties without permission.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk