[Gllug] SCO sues IBM for $1 Billion

Grzegorz Jaskiewicz gj at pointblue.com.pl
Thu Apr 24 07:45:27 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 07:58, Walid Shaari wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 19:34, Simon Morris wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This isn't actually a new story, but I hadn't seen it on the list in the
> > last month.
> >
> > http://news.com.com/2100-1016-991464.html
>
> Too bad! the latest followup was posted today in /., even their new
> United Linux partner Suse was not safe from their rantings.
>
> http://slashdot.org/articles/03/04/23/1925259.shtml?tid=123

This is quite old story, but still - it is pretty sad. SCO is trying to
get money from his patents and they own rights for old days know as AT&T
unix. They are not using and developing it anymore anyway, even second
owner of some older Unix branch - novell is moving forwards to
GNU/Linux.
Anyway, if anyone feels not good with that (they will probably attack
RedHat and Suse if won against IBM) - here is SCO feedback page -
http://www.sco.com/company/feedback/index.html

Just drop them a note, how do you feel :)

--
Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj at pointblue.com.pl>
K4 labs

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk