[Gllug] SFTP Server

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Wed Apr 9 11:25:37 UTC 2003

At 12:51 09/04/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Can anyone point me to some really decent docs for the above, as I have to
>set up two of these in a hurry, and I know that SFTP is a subsystem of SSH,
>and I have enabled it in the sshd_config file, but now I need to allow key
>authentication, and to generate my own keys, and I don't know how to do
>this.

This book is worth reading, especially if this will be a "production" system:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596000111/ref=sr_aps_books_1_1/202-4661561-5346206

The "Secure" in "Secure Shell" really means "probably secure if it's
managed, used and maintained correctly".

Regards

Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd
http://www.clues.ltd.uk/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk