[Gllug] SFTP Server

Rickey Costas rickey at lefteris.co.uk
Wed Apr 9 11:10:23 UTC 2003

To setup SSH to not require passwords, when logging in, a good read is:
http://bumblebee.lcs.mit.edu/ssh2/

If you want a bit more security than having passwordless keys, you should run
ssh-agent. Details at: http://www.cc.gatech.edu/cns/software/ssh-agent.html

Note that SFTP runs "on top of" SSH, so once you have the above working, SFTP
should work too.

However, this also means that if you can SFTP somewhere, you can ssh to it. To
restrict this, I've used scponly to good effect.
http://www.sublimation.org/scponly/

And the best SFTP client is FileZilla http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/.

Hope that helps,

Rickey.