[Gllug] Limiting SSH access

John Hearns jhearns at freesolutions.net
Thu Apr 3 11:03:54 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 11:10, Kristian Davies wrote:
> If the only people who need to use it are the one company with static IP
> then you could use hosts_allow.
>
> Not sure if know what im talking about but it's something i sorted out the

Kristian,
the problem is Alastair is having is not restricting access into the
machine. As he mentions a DMZ, I would guess there is a firewall.
His problem is what the user can do once they are on the machine,
e.g. can they run Samba commands and try to connect to Windows shares?
Can they look at files in other users directories? Can they do a ping
sweep to find other machines on the LAN?

Hope you get that my tone here is friendly, not lecturing you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk