[Gllug] openoffice takes 6min to start on P4?

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Wed Apr 2 12:45:35 UTC 2003

OK, no I haven't looke anywhere else for this yet it's just another
issue I'm slowly working through on my new desk top.

OpenOffice takes over 6 minutes to open (I timed it with my wall
clock!), doesn't matter whether it's writer or one of the other parts.
Now this is slower than on my AMD 500Mhz box I was trying to escape.
This is a bit embarassing on my shiny new P4 1.8GHz, 512MB RAM
motherboard running on Mandrake 9.1

Actually I think it's a bit unstable too as it's crashed a couple of
times.  I'm going to look on the Mandrake lists but thought I would
mention it here.  For anyone that's interested a basic test on tracking
changes on documents in openoffice and ms word seemed to work ok which
will hopefully simplify my life.

have a great day.
Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk