[Gllug] email like distro (think =~ s/smoothwall/smoothemail/g)

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 16:04:42 UTC 2003

itsbruce at uklinux.net wrote:

>On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 04:30:07PM +0100, Xander D Harkness wrote:
>

>>Is anyone aware of an open source Groupware project that allows sync to
>>PDA?  We are currently using PHPGroupware and it was suggested last
>>year; however nothing seems to have come of it.  I have suggested we pay
>>someone to do it; however I have yet to propose it to the project members.
>>

>AFAIK, most PDAs are set up to sync with MS Exchange.  It might then be
>possible to sync a PDA to a non-MS IMAP server from a windows machine
>that had Outlook and the Bynari Connector installed.  Or you could look
>at Bynari's own Exchange-replacement InsightServer, but that is a
>proprietary system.

Does the Bynari connector work with any imap server or does it need the
ACLs of Cyrus?  Their site is very shy of mentioning anything other that
the Bynari server.  I would love a modification of the Ximian connector
for evolution to make it work with an IMAP server, the way that Bynari
does for Outlook.

With my failing server disks I am not having fun with Cyrus as it is
installed here and am thinking or moving to Exim and Courier.

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk