[Gllug] any recommendation on Wireless LAN kit for Linux.

Grzegorz Jaskiewicz gj at pointblue.com.pl
Wed Apr 23 18:53:41 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 19:11, Hari Pillai wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Any recommendation on which hardware is best for Wireless LAN for
> Linux network. I am in the process of getting a wireless LAN kit. Any
> recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
cisco aironet, the best one you can get :)
dlink ones, without + at the end (11 mb/s).
I am writing currently driver for those with + at the end (air plus)
:)))

from kernel configuration:
3c589 and 3c574 based (3com),
fujitsu FMV-J18x,
NE2000 comp. PCMCIA,
Asix AX88190,
New Media PCMCIA,
SMC 91Cxx,
Xircom (very good cards) almost all ,
Aviator/raytheon .
Some of them are wireless, some not. I will recomend going with Knoppix
disc to the actual shop and test card you are willing to purchase.

--
Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj at pointblue.com.pl>
K4 labs

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk