[Gllug] [ot] recommend adsl

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Wed Apr 9 15:29:12 UTC 2003

Doug Winter writes:

>Who do amazingly cheap leased lines in London.  I've got a quote here
>for a 2Mbps line for =A31,500 install and =A3450/month.

That'll be 1500 install if you already have fibre in the building.
Otherwise it'll probably be 4250 (these are standard prices, so
I'd expect them to be pretty consistent across ISPs). Does the
450/month cover just line rental or does it include bandwidth as
well? If it's the latter, then it's pretty competitive...

>Currently we're not contending at all on our SDSL line AFAICT, so the
>SDSL is fine, but if more people start using it, the exponential-e
>network will start looking quite good.

AFAIK, all SDSL is currently uncontended.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk