[Gllug] Transcoding a file for video playback on Windows

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Apr 15 10:36:32 UTC 2003

Hiyas.  I'm trying to create a video file that will play back on a
Windows machine without installing any additional software/codecs
etc, but it needs to be somewhat compressed to keep the file size
down.  I can't seem to get anything to work!

I suspect my best format would be MPEG1/2 video and MPEG2 audio, but
any time I do that, transcode creates a seperate file for the audio...

Anyone got some transcode command-line options that will do what I
need?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Maddy: "I'm fed up with your pedanticism."
Jonathan Creek: "The word is pedantry."

- Jonathan Creek by David Renwick