[Gllug] ical!

Stuart Children stuart at terminus.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 13:31:50 UTC 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 02:19:47PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:

> After many years happily using ical, it's been removed from Debian
> unstable.  (I tried for about 1/2 hour to compile it from Red Hat's
> SRPM, but gave up eventually - seems to be sensitive to old glibc
> bugs).

Curious as to the reason it was removed I did a bit of searching whch
turned up:

  Reason: Requested by vela@; orphaned, bugs, previous maintainer
  considers it obsoleted by better alternatives, dead upstream

  Please switch to one of the following programs: korganizer, plan,
  xcal, xcalendar-i18n, xdkcal

> What do people use for calendars?

I guess the ones listed above if you haven't tried them. Not really a
calendar using person myself, so I'm afraid I can't offer opinions on them
myself.

I have played with the Mozilla Calendar a bit
(http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/). Seems fairy good. Supports
the iCal standard and WebDAV. Still work to be done on it from what I
gather.

HTH

--
Stuart