[Gllug] ADSL modem / routers

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Apr 15 22:34:13 UTC 2003

Dear Andrew,

I've recently signed up for ADSL with PlusNet on a "wires
only" basis, i.e. the installation is my responsibility.

I bought a D-Link DSL-604+ because I wanted both Ethernet
ports and wireless ports on my local network.  Both work
fine - I have the Linux box in the office (Ethernet) and the
XP laptop (wireless) on the veranda!  You can buy a
cheaper box if you're not interested in wireless.  The
router works perfectly and I've had no problems so far...

The D-Link box acts as a firewall and, as far as I can tell,
I haven't had any intrusions.  But you might know
otherwise...

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /
Linux Registered    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
User #287765       / \ Against HTML Mail

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk