[Gllug] Zaurus SD or MMC

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Wed Apr 2 15:24:41 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Stan wrote:

> Ok so all this talk of zaurii(?) means I'm now convinced that I too
> should have one.  Dabs seems to be the cheapest place but I'm now
> wondering which memory cards I should get.
>
> I intend to have a wifi card (Linksys WCF12, 49UKP+) in the compact
> flash slot but should I get SD (Lexar Media 256MB, 89UKP+) or MMC
> (Dabsvale 128MB, 42UKP+).  Oh and is it still worth getting a small
> compact flash card (Dabsvalue 32MB 10.64UKP+) so that I can play with
> both the installed os and openzaurus?

There are probably cheaper places to buy flash...  I've used 7dayshop.com in
the past, but not for flash - they're pretty cheap though...

SD is a lot quicker than MMC and obviously has much higher capacity...

I doubt I'd want to stick with the installed stuff, since OZ is similar to
what I like on the iPAQ :-)

> Thanks for any advice,

Cheers
Richard