[Gllug] Courier IMAP problems

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Fri Apr 11 13:06:51 UTC 2003

Hi All.
I recently transferred the company email from uw-imap on Mandrake 9.0 to
Courier-imap on Debian Woody. It all works fine and dandy except that
very occasionally, emails will go missing. Usually when someone has
filed an email away from their Inbox to a sub-directory somewhere and
then gone looking for it later, and it's not there. I at first assumed
that it was Outlook Express so I got them using Mozilla. But then it
happened again and also recently to myself (using Evolution). So I'm now
assuming there is some strangeness going on with Courier or Debian.
Could it be because the Mail partition is an ext3 filesystem?
Is there any reason why this should happen?
I don't really even know where to start looking as it is such an
infrequent and inconsistent problem. Google hasn't as yet turned
anything up.
Clues?
SteveH

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk