[Gllug] Utility to synchorise files on two machines

John Hearns jhearns at freesolutions.net
Fri Apr 11 16:50:22 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 13:47, Andrew Black wrote:
> Hi
> I would like to synchronise files on a laptop with a desktop, so that the
> files are available when the laptop is not on the network.  I would like
> changes made on the laptop to find their way back to the desktop version
> when I next sync.

There was an article in Linux Journal a couple of months back,
about a guy who uses CVS for his home directory.
Not as daft as it sounds - he does exactly what you are wanting to do,
ie. uses a desktop, then goes onto the laptop. CVS update when the
laptop comes back onto the LAN.

The article is at http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=5976

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk