[Gllug] nologs stuff after cfp

James Bailey James.Bailey at osm.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 16:39:17 UTC 2003

The intelligence services keep files on almost all possible 'enemies of the
state' including trade unionists, peace and environmental protesters, nazi
sympathisers, anti-nazi activists etc.  Those that they think are worth
tracking they will tail and track either physically or through email even if
that mail is encrypted 6 days, 6 months, 6 years down the line they will
break that encryption and extract the data.  Even if they can not extract
encrypted data within its useful lifetime advances like this
http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99993550 make the need to
acquire such data less important when key individuals can be identified and
their physical presence monitored.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk