[Gllug] Mp3 player for Linux recommendation

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Apr 8 09:47:35 UTC 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 09:32:44AM +0100, Tethys wrote:

> "Richard W.M. Jones" writes:
>
> >I bought a multi-card CF/SD/SM/MS reader from TCR for about UKP 29
> >(including VAT)
>
> Rally? Where from? I got just a smart media reader, and that was 20
> quid from Kamla Electronics. The multi readers were all around 50-60
> pounds last time I looked (a couple of months ago).

>From Epsilon, 49A TCR. Cost 29.99 inclusive. It was called a
SmartDisk Universal Reader. I've only tested it on CF and SD
so far because that's the only type of cards I have.

It's actually this:

http://www.smartdisk.com/Products/Flash%20Memory%20Readers/UniversalMediaReader.asp

>From which:

No software installation required

The SmartDisk Universal Reader is a "Mass Storage Class" device, which
means that no software installation is required on systems using
Windows 2000, Me or XP and Macintosh OS 10 1.2 and higher. Just plug
it in and it?s ready to use. Driver installation for other operating
systems takes just a minute or two.

[on !Windows 98 anyway]

Rich.

--