[Gllug] Mysql Configure problem

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Tue Apr 8 08:38:47 UTC 2003

Pete Ryland writes:

>I'm guessing you're not developing it nor auditing it, so what are you
>doing compiling it from scratch for, rather than installing an rpm?

There are other reasons you might want to compile from source. You
may be on a non-x86 platform for which no precompiled rpm/deb exists.
You may not like the default compilation options that have been used.
The RPM may have been built to be non-relocatable, and you want to
install it somewhere else. You may be Nix, and have a machine that's
binary incompatible with anything else on the planet...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk